New Students and Houston Area Residents Only with Valid ID.
Other discounts do not apply.
GET STARTED. Sign up now!
• Arrive at least 15 minutes before class. You'll have the time you need to register, change and get oriented. New students under 18 will need a parent's or guardian's signature or should be accompanied by an adult regardless of their previous experience.DOWNLOAD THE MINOR LIABILITY RELEASE FORM. GET LEGAL PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE REQUIRED FOR MINORS.
• Dress like you're going to the beach, not a nude beach. Women typically wear a sports bra or a tank top with a built in bra and yoga or bike shorts. Men wear swim, or bike shorts. The room feels like Galveston on a warmer day, so be prepared to sweat. LONG SLEEVES AND BAGGY PANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE YOGA ROOM for Bikram Yoga class. Hot Pilates attire includes capris, sports bra (tank top optional) for women and bike shorts and tank top (or no shirt) for men.
• Avoid eating anything heavy 1-2 hours before practice.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Bring a yoga mat, a large towel, a non-glass bottle of water with you. Or you may rent or buy a mat, towel and water at the studio.
Bring a change of clothes and a shower towel to freshen up afterwards.
Drink plenty of water and electrolytes throughout the day and the day before. Take electrolytes into your 90 minute class. Learn how to rehydrate yourself properly.
HOW REGULARLY SHOULD I PRACTICE?
HOW REGULARLY SHOULD I PRACTICE?
As often as you can. For life changing results, practice six days per week. One class is better than nothing. Five classes per week, or more, is the number that gives the best RESULTS. Whether it's helping you with emotional stability, lose weight or managing chronic pain, FIVE TIMES A WEEK IS THE NUMBER.
COME WITH AN OPEN MIND
You'll soon find out what works for you and what your body needs. Please take time to relax.
Everyone feels challenged by the yoga during class. Always strive to reach your edge (WHATEVER THAT IS TODAY), but listen to your body. As a beginner sit down if you need to. It is normal to feel lightheaded or dizzy as your body acclimates and detoxes. This is temporary and these sensations will disappear.
Claim your reward at the end of class by resting on your mat for a few minutes and observing silence.
BIKRAM YOGA MEYERLAND PLAZA ETIQUETTE
- Please have clean feet and be perfume and cologne free. No shoes in the yoga room.
- Mention any pre-existing injuries to the teacher so they can guide you as needed during class.
- Be compassionate toward yourself. Rest sometimes. Yoga practice is not competitive.
- Be on time. Stay the whole time. Take your time. Be on your mat, ready to go 2 minutes before class begins and take your 2 minute (minimum) savasana at the end of class. We open our doors 30 minutes before each class and close 30 minutes after each class.
- Be courteous to others who are meditating. No talking during class. Practice stillness in between postures and when transitioning, move quietly. These habits create awareness, enhance concentration, and relax the body and the mind.
- Find your focus, but know that your energy affects the entire studio. The front row sets an example of focus and discipline for the rest of the class.
- Be cool when it’s hot. Always try your best.
- Focus on only yourself in the mirror. No cell phones inside the yoga room.
- Bring more than enough water in the room. No glass containers. No smoothies. No pouring water over your head.
- Do not leave the room during class.