New Students and Houston Area Residents Only with Valid ID.
Other discounts do not apply.
GET STARTED. Sign up now!
• Dress like you're going to the beach, not a nude beach. Women typically wear a sports bra or a tank top with a built in bra and yoga or bike shorts. Men wear swim, or bike shorts. The room feels like Galveston on a warmer day, so be prepared to sweat. LONG SLEEVES AND BAGGY PANTS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE YOGA ROOM for Bikram Yoga class. Hot Pilates attire includes capris, sports bra (tank top optional) for women and bike shorts and tank top (or no shirt) for men.
• Avoid eating anything heavy 1-2 hours before practice. But don't practice with low blood sugar. Be smart about your fuel.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
HOW REGULARLY SHOULD I PRACTICE?
COME WITH AN OPEN MIND
HOT YOGA ETIQUETTE
- Please have clean feet and be perfume and cologne free. No shoes in the yoga room.
- Mention any pre-existing injuries to the teacher so they can guide you as needed during class.
- Be compassionate toward yourself. Rest sometimes. Yoga practice is not competitive.
- Be on time. Stay the whole time. Take your time. Be on your mat, ready to go 2 minutes before class begins and take your 2 minute (minimum) savasana at the end of class. We open our doors 30 minutes before each class and close 30 minutes after each class.
- Be courteous to others who are meditating. No talking during yoga class. Practice stillness in between postures and when transitioning, move quietly. These habits create awareness, enhance concentration, and relax the body and the mind.
- Find your focus, but know that your energy affects the entire studio. The front row sets an example of focus and discipline for the rest of the class.
- Be cool when it’s hot. Always try your best.
- Focus on only yourself in the mirror. No cell phones inside the yoga room.
- Bring electrolytes and abundant amount of water in the room. No glass containers. No smoothies.
- Try to stay in the room during class.